Monday 22 December 2008

HAPPY SOLSTICE!















HURRAY MY DRUIDICAL FRIENDS! Today is LONGER than YESTERDAY!!!
I found a cool website showing how Stonehenge looks with the sun coming through it. And it's always fun to read about New Grange too. 

I also read Simon Barnes at the weekend talking about hearing owls from his bed and talking about the solstice as "the year's handbrake turn" which I'm afraid is my new favourite poetic description of this wonderful event...

Sending you all many paganish greetings, happiness, and wishing all your plants a wonderful growing season ahead. 

Emma xxx

4 comments:

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

I'm not a Druid & I don't know any, but I really appreciate knowing that the days are starting to get longer. Happy Solstice!

HappyMouffetard said...

Oooh, the nights are definitely getting shorter now, and the blackbird has started singing. Best wishes for Christmas and the new year,
HM

Weeping Sore said...

Happy Yule to you. Our family joke is to casually remark (about 22 Dec) that the days are getting longer. I know it's almost time to break out the 'paigne to celebrate the new year because the egg nog ran out yesterday. Happy '09!

Anonymous said...

And a Happy New Year to you. May you have a fine year's blogging ahead of you.