Wednesday 8 October 2008

BUT I DO RESPECT YOUR FLORA, DARLING
















So they fiiinnnnaaallllyyy fixed the broadband!

However circumstances being what they have been this week, it was hardly uppermost in my mind. My emails with other garden bloggers have not generally tended to concern financial matters, but in the last few days it's been difficult not to fret at least a bit to friends. 

Anyway, especially given la crise financière, I was sorting through my photos trying to find one that would make y'all smile. 

This is from the week I spent in France in mid-September. I meant to go to all the Niçoise gardens like La Mortola and was of course much too lazy. (Feel free to tell me I made a terrible mistake.) 

But we found this sign on an evening coastal walk around the Cap D'Antibes. And can I just say to the French, who had more Agaves in bloom than I've ever seen anywhere else: I do respect your coastal flora, I really do. 
















We were also terribly, terribly nosy and had to have a quick peep over the wall at Roman Abramovich's. I don't know whether he was in or not, but what I can tell you: he has absolutely TO-DIE-FOR garden lighting. Really. 


For a moment in the spirit of James, I am listening to a lovely Bach cantata, number 93. 

10 comments:

NewShoot said...

hooray! wecome back!

VP said...

Hurray, Hurrah, Harroo - you're back!!!!!!!

Place just hasn't been the same without you.

The Garden Monkey said...

Gordon Brown said that about Peter Mandleson....

(adopts Ben Elton voice)

"Little bit of satire Ladies and Gentlemen. Little bit of satire."

Alex Johnson said...

I've got two words for you. Big. Sheds.

colleen said...

You want agaves? Come to Stepney.

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

At loooooooooooong last, you're back again. Pass the baklava please and pour me another cuppa, cheers!

Helen/patientgardener said...

Good to see you back

emmat said...

thank you thank you thank you for all the love. It's really amazing to feel like anyone missed me, apart from VP who I feel would generously always claim to miss me even if she didn't mean it :-) xxx

VP said...

If I didn't mean it, I wouldn't have said anything

xxx

Victoria Summerley said...

Fabulous. The Bach, I mean. And you too, come to that.