Friday 11 July 2008

YOU DON'T EVER HAVE TO BRING ME FLOWERS. UNLESS YOU GREW THEM YOURSELF.



I've always really hated being given flowers because of the death, dead and dying thing. Well, I always thought it was cos of the death thing. But actually this year I have discovered the great pleasure of growing my own flowers and somehow I don't mind cutting them. So maybe it was actually to do with cost, and air fares, and non-lastingness all along. 















Anyway there's one kind of flower delivery I don't mind finding on my doorstep. Which is this kind, the kind that comes with "Crocus" or similar written on the packing tape. Three guesses what was in the box?
















Ah yes my friends, you know me so well. That is correct.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate Barbra Streisand. This song is terrible but she is particularly bad.

Zoë said...

I love receiving deliveries from Crocus... the best so far was 2 double U cordon pears and 2 double u cordon apples at least 15 years old that my iGit bought me for a birthday a couple of years ago. Fingers crossed I have never had a bad plant from them. The Nursery is right next to the Hilliers I visit in Sunningdale, I would so love to snoop there one day.

emmat said...

Who was it had had bad lupins though? Someone recently had a right tatty old pair, if you'll excuse the expression.